Welcome back to all our returning members after a scorching summer (doesn’t it already seem like a very, very long time ago?). After a couple of lazy, carefree (ahem) months, we’re already back into the swing of things here in Photocraft Towers.
This week we were gifted with an EGM where:
- The amended constitution was announced;
- The tea rota was enforced (unless you’re a generous benefactor, in which case capitalism triumphs);
- An independent examiner was elected.
The full minutes can be found in the member’s section of the Photocraft website.
The main focus of the night was the Unveiling Of The Programme. It’s clear that this year is going to be packed full of competitions, talks and member-led evenings – and a massive thanks goes out to Mark for pulling this all together for us (as well as drafting the updated constitution with the assistance of Dave, David and Anne).
The programme can be found in the usual place on the website (http://wallingtoncameraclub.businesscatalyst.com/the-programme.html) but to summarise:
- 8 external speakers
- 12 competitions (followed by a “the best of the best” competition at the end)
- 15 evenings compered by one or more of our own members
Bring your mugs (we’re trying to do our bit for the environment) and we’ll see you at the Macro evening on 12 September, led by Ann Healey!